We are looking for social media co-ordinator to join the Parnell Gallery team. If you love communication & (digitally) engaging with people we would love to hear from you. You would be working with the Director to create a plan (calendar) for the social media content with a strong focus on our exhibition programme. You would then be responsible for creating the content (both visual and written) and implementing across our platforms (primarily Instagram & Facebook).
This is a freelance position, approximately 4-8 hours per week.
- Working with the Director to create a schedule for posts
- Based on this schedule, creating & implementing engaging text, image and video content for our social media accounts
- As part of the content creation you would be responsible for photography. See our instagram page to get an understanding of the level you would need to be capable of. Some photography skills would be required to ensure the images looks their best (ie white walls, colour matching artworks, cropping).
- Engaging & responding to comments and client queries on social platforms in a timely manner
- Liaising with artists to provide images for pre-exhibition promotion
- Excellent written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to clearly communicate in a voice that is appropriate to our brand
- Good knowledge & understanding of Instagram and Facebook
- An organised and strategic mindset to social media
About Parnell Gallery:
Since our establishment in 1976, Parnell Gallery has fostered strong relationships with clients and artists while developing a trusted and recognisable brand. We are one of the longest standing galleries in New Zealand.
We are a close & supportive team who have a shared passion for art and interior design. Working together in a fun and professional environment while surrounded by beautiful artworks, we love coming to work. We are looking for someone who will get the same level of fulfillment from this role.
How to apply:
Sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 20th July.
In your cover letter please give us a bit of background on your social media experience and your knowledge of the art industry (you do not need any formal training but we would like to see a passion for this field).
Please also write a caption & 5 hashtags suitable for our Instagram page for the below image of artist Brad Novak with his limited edition screenprint ‘Starman 1.4 BV’.